From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 2:26 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Making a Form non-editable

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Curtney Jacobs wrote:

> Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:15:14 +0000
> From: Curtney Jacobs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Making a Form non-editable

[SNIP]

> Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.

One off-the-wall way to accomplish your goal would be to simply skip
generating the submit button if your user has read-only access.  Even if
the user tries to mess with the individual form values, they can't submit
(unless they're willing to hand-type a huge long URL into the location bar
of the browser -- but disabling individual fields doesn't prevent that
either.)