Yes. That is what we do.

It is a bit if a balancing act but if the whole form becomes readonly then
we have a readonly version with just bean write tags.
The Tiles library helps out alot here.

As for level switching, we use logic equals that looks at a boolean field
set by the loading action.

I also found that the pages may load quicker with out so many tags.

Curtney Jacobs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 01/21/2003 07:16:09 AM

       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc:

Subject:    Re: Making a Form non-editable

To everyone,

would it better to just have a seperate view to display read only data. In
other words, do not use the form to display the queried data. But, simply
use a JSP page to display the data (naturally, with proper formatting).

The above seems a tad bit cumbersome or redundant; having two seperate
for the display of the same data, however for different purposes.

Comments???

_CJ

--
U-Interface.com