Hi,

I have searched the archives and the newsgroups but couldn't find an answer
that applies to my specific environment, hopefully someone here has done
this before.

I am running Struts 1.1b3 (didn't work with 1.1b2 either) with Resin 2.1.6

I want to be able to do the following

www.somehost.com/myapp/execute/edit/username/
www.somehost.com/myapp/execute/view/username/

where view and edit will map to different Actions.  And within each action,
I want to be able to retrieve the username by using getPathInfo().

in my web.xml

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/execute/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

in my struts_config.xml

    <action     path="/edit" type="com.mycomp.EditAction"/>

But when I point the browser to

www.somehost.com/myapp/execute/edit/username/ I end up with a

400 Invalid path /edit/username/

And www.somehost.com/myapp/execute/edit/ gets me

400 Invalid path /

But And www.somehost.com/myapp/execute/edit (without the slash)

Works fine, but it's without the path info..

Is this a resin issues? or could this be a struts config issue?  Has anyone
gotten this scenario to work with Struts and Resin? or even another
container?  Some config samples would be very helpful!!

Thanks,
Kevin