Hi

Can anybody help me. i have the similar problem i was trying to get the solution for this. i wanted to know is this possible in struts to give the URL like this. in servlets we can have the URL like this. if this not possible in struts is there any other way to achieve this. plz help me...

usha

Kevin Tung wrote:

Hi,

I have searched the archives and the newsgroups but couldn't find an answer
that applies to my specific environment, hopefully someone here has done
this before.

I am running Struts 1.1b3 (didn't work with 1.1b2 either) with Resin 2.1.6

I want to be able to do the following

www.somehost.com/myapp/execute/edit/username/
www.somehost.com/myapp/execute/view/username/

where view and edit will map to different Actions.  And within each action,
I want to be able to retrieve the username by using getPathInfo().

in my web.xml

 <servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
   <url-pattern>/execute/*</url-pattern>
 </servlet-mapping>

in my struts_config.xml

<action path="/edit" type="com.mycomp.EditAction"/>

But when I point the browser to

www.somehost.com/myapp/execute/edit/username/ I end up with a

400 Invalid path /edit/username/

And www.somehost.com/myapp/execute/edit/ gets me

400 Invalid path /

But And www.somehost.com/myapp/execute/edit (without the slash)

Works fine, but it's without the path info..

Is this a resin issues? or could this be a struts config issue?  Has anyone
gotten this scenario to work with Struts and Resin? or even another
container?  Some config samples would be very helpful!!

Thanks,
Kevin