From: Nagendra Kumar O V S [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 12:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Validate method going in infinite Loop

hi pankaj,

<action path="/emailcreation"

type="com.onstar.myonstar.process.web.controller.EmailCreationAction"
name="emailCreationForm"
validate="true"
scope="request"
input="/emailcreation.mo">
<forward name="emailcreation_page"
path="/jsp/virtualadvisor/emailcreation/va_pr_emailsetup_main.jsp"
redirect="false"/>
</action>

** this action mapping goes into a infinite loop , becos, if u find an
error ur calling emailcreation.mo(input parameter). that is it is
calling itself. and hence infinte loop. everytime u call
emailcreation.mo , validate method will be called.

<action path="/emailcreation"

type="com.onstar.myonstar.process.web.controller.EmailCreationAction"
name="emailCreationForm"
validate="true"
scope="request"
input="/jsp/virtualadvisor/emailcreation/va_pr_emailsetup_main.jsp">

<forward name="emailcreation_page"
path="/jsp/virtualadvisor/emailcreation/va_pr_emailsetup_main.jsp"
redirect="false"/>
</action>

** this seems to be ok , becos ur forwarding the controll to
/jsp/virtualadvisor/emailcreation/va_pr_emailsetup_main.jsp(input
parameter) and the jsp page should display ur error. and if u want to
get data from db(for validation) , get it from validate method only. ur
control will never go action class unless all the validations are
success..

--nagi

I am validating email address entered by user, using in validate method
of formBean. If the email address is invalid I am adding the errors.

Struts Config entries:

<action path="/emailcreation"

type="com.onstar.myonstar.process.web.controller.EmailCreationAction"
name="emailCreationForm"
validate="true"
scope="request"
input="/jsp/virtualadvisor/emailcreation/va_pr_emailsetup_main.jsp">

<forward name="emailcreation_page"
path="/jsp/virtualadvisor/emailcreation/va_pr_emailsetup_main.jsp"
redirect="false"/>
</action>

OR

<action path="/emailcreation"

type="com.onstar.myonstar.process.web.controller.EmailCreationAction"
name="emailCreationForm"
validate="true"
scope="request"
input="/emailcreation.mo">
<forward name="emailcreation_page"
path="/jsp/virtualadvisor/emailcreation/va_pr_emailsetup_main.jsp"
redirect="false"/>
</action>

Second one is going into the loop and first one is not getting the
values from database as the request is going to JSP not to action class
i.e the formbean values are not populate.

How can I overcome this problem.

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Pankaj Borgaonkar
Wipro Technologies

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is
'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual
or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any use,
copying
or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL in any
manner
whatsoever is strictly prohibited.

***

 <http://www.incredimail.com/redir.asp?ad_id=309&lang=9>   IncrediMail -