Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 10:12 PM
Subject: Re: Slow file upload?

Bjørn T Johansen wrote:

I am testing file upload using Struts and FormFile but the upload seems
really slow. Uploading a 1,5MB file takes about 15-20 sec. and I am
running both the server and the browser on the same PC. Is this normal
or should the upload be faster?

Your upload will be slower all on one machine as opposed to going across
a fast LAN.
However, that does seem slow. I have uploaded a 650MB file in about 7
minutes across a LAN.
650MB/7 minutes  =~ 1.5 MB/sec.
Are you using Strust 1.1 and the default fileupload implementation which
is commons-fileupload ?
What browser, How much free RAM, CPU etc..

BTJ

-Rob