From: as as [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 16 September 2003 21:27
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Slow file upload?

i am a newbie to struts
need help intsalling and making a helloworld app run using Tomcat jakarta
struts
also need help learning to use filters to authenticate a user,
Samy

Sgarlata Matt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Unfortunately I'm not going to
have time to set up this experiment for a few
weeks because the app I am currently working on does not require file upload
capabilities. I'll do a test in a few weeks and post the results to
struts-user.

I'm guessing from your response that the costs of encoding/decoding the file
so it can be sent over HTTP/MIME is much larger than one would suppose and
that this time is greater than the time it takes to send the file over a
large connection.

Thanks,

Matt