[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi All
I am currently running tomcat4.1.27 and apache1.3.x. I am using struts. I
used call my webapplication "xyz" using www.abc.org/xyz. Now company has
decided that pople should be able to access this webapplication through
the URL

www.abc/javapps/xyz. Do i need to change the whole architecture now or
should i be able to do it easily. I have tried to create a directory under
/var/tomcat4/webapps/ as japps/xyz and pointed my ".war" file to this
directory. But tomcat is not able to map this URL at all. Please help me
find a solution to this problem.

As Matt pointed out, this is really a Tomcat question, but it's actually pretty (assuming you don't want it accessible under the old name any longer). Just set up a <Context> element that includes path="/javapps/xyz" instead of path="/xyz". For more info, see the config documentation in Tomcat:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/index.html

Thanx in advance

--Mohan

Craig