Craig R.McClanahan wrote:
>To accomplish what you are after, you would need another
>layer of compilation.
>You'll need to come up with a different approach to accomplish what you
>are after.

I think this link ( an article by Jason Diamon at xml.com) presents an
example of what Craig calls "another layer of compilation"
     http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/03/27/templatexslt.html

Suppose you define a template language for your own. By that language(a set
of XML elements/attributes name vocabularies), you mark-up the page source
codes with the "super-duper mamma tags" you define. Also you develop a
"MyLang-JSP transformer" by XSLT to produce JSP source codes. You can use
whatever JSP custom tags, including Struts', in the JSP generated by your
preprocessor. In fact I used this method for my application, which proved
good enough.

     Kazuaki