I apologize for the original cross-post.  I was hoping there might be a
Struts method to do what I wanted.

Here is something I wrote to the other group, after a post from Felipe Leme.

> I think you can accomplish what you're looking for using JSP 2.0 and tag
> files.

Yep.  That's exactly what I'm looking for.  Now Tomcat 5 just needs to be
released, because I'm stuck with JSP 1.2 for now.  *sniff*

Thanks for the help everyone.  I'm including a snippet from the JSP 2.0 PFD
3.

Lukas

JSP.8.1 Overview

As of JSP version 2.0, the JSP Compiler is required to recognize tag files.
A tag file is a source file that provides a way for a page author to
abstract a segment of JSP code and make it reusable via a custom action.

Tag files allow a JSP page author to create tag libraries using JSP syntax.
This means that page authors no longer need to know Java or ask someone who
knows Java to write a tag extension. Even for page authors or tag library
developers who know Java, writing tag files is more convenient when
developing tags that primarily output template text.