Thanks for the reply.  Now, I understand that I have
two actions.  However, I do quite understand what you
suggested.  You said:

u can also use
where logoff is ur global forward.

I still have two actions if I use

because I have

<action
   path="/Logoff"
   type="org.NameOfOrganization.signoff.LogoffAction">
     <forward
        name="success"
        path="/do/Menu"/>
</action>

In the LogoffAction.java, I invalidate the session
and I want the user to go back the welcome page.  And

<action
  path="/Menu"
  name="menuForm"
type="org.apache.struts.scaffold.ExistsAttributeAction"
  parameter="application;HOURS">
     <forward
        name="success"
        path=".article.Menu"/>
     <forward
        name="failure"
        path="/do/MenuCreate"/>

The .article.Menu is my tile that displays the welcome
page.

=== message truncated ===