I have tried your suggestion.  It still takes two
steps to go back to the welcome page.

As long as there are two actions in between, it does
not seem that I can go directly from "clicking the
LOGOUT buttion" to "have the welcome page displayed".

I really wish to learn what people usually do - the
first one of those two actions is Logoff.java in which
I invalidate the session, ..., etc. and the second
action upon success will lead the user to the welcome
page in which choices available for unregistered
members plus a LOGON buttion are provided.

-Caroline

--- Yansheng Lin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At the end of your first action execute() method, do
>
> a redirect to the second action. Something like the
> following:
>       return new ActionForward("secondAction.do");
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> -Yan

type="org.apache.struts.scaffold.ExistsAttributeAction"

=== message truncated ===