From: Carl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 20 November 2003 16:34
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Lazy questions on this list

What is certain is that this mailibng list is an active one !

I think the lazy issue is common one for all mailing list. I'm myself
quite new to struts and I had many questions in the begining. Even with
the ducumentation effort on the Struts project, I found some
difficulties to find the solutions quickly.

In those curcumstance, some people find more easy to sent help email on
the list instead of trying to understand their pb by themself. And if
the only response they can receive from users mailing-list is a
I don't think that we achieve the gaol of such mailing-list.

By the way, this activity show that more and more people are using
Struts and that's a great news for an open source project.

Maybe a warning notice on the mail subscrubtion confiration could reduce
lazy requests...

Carl

Paul McCulloch wrote:

> Is it my imagination or are the number of downright lazy requests to this
> list getting worse?
>
> If the only replies any lazy questions ever got was
> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html then maybe people would
> get the point. Has anyone got any other ideas about how we can reduce the
> amount of lazy and totally off-topic posts to the list?
>

> Paul
>

> **************************************
> Axios Email Confidentiality Footer
> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If
message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify
us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email
messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
my Company or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorised
representative independent of this message.
> WARNING:
> While Axios Systems Ltd takes steps to prevent computer viruses from being
transmitted via electronic mail attachments we cannot guarantee that
attachments do not contain computer virus code.  You are therefore strongly
advised to undertake anti virus checks prior to accessing the attachment to
this electronic mail.  Axios Systems Ltd grants no warranties regarding
performance use or quality of any attachment and undertakes no liability for
loss or damage howsoever caused.