Can u please look at

and tell me what code need to go in the download action class?

-----Original Message-----
From: Firat TIRYAKI [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 5:39 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: downloading of files

well, if you want to authenticate users to download the files, your
software
should handle the direct  file requests (for example
http://localhost/download/x.gif), because the direck file requests does
not
call action servlet in a standart struts designed web.xml file. With a
servlet you can manage the direct requests, URLs like the example above.
Let
me give you the web.xml part to give you the idea

<servlet>

<servlet-name>DownloadAccessor</servlet-name>

<display-name>DownloadAccessor</display-name>

<servlet-class>com.mypackage.DownloadAccessor</servlet-class>

<load-on-startup>10</load-on-startup>

</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>

<servlet-name>DownloadAccessor</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>/downloads/*</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

F.