The Apache convention is to give proposals a codename. Once a working implementation
is available, then, and only then, do we start making decisions that might ultimately
lead to assigning version numbers.

Absolutely no one is saying that this proposal is going to be Struts 2.0. It's just a
convenient place to post some notes until somebody decides to do the work.

For more see, the README.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-struts/contrib/struts-jericho/

And this recent thread on DEV

http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-dev%40jakarta.apache.org/msg21930.html