> From: Frank Burns [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I have a jsp form which has fields that require no
> validation. So I don't
> need to validate the form input.
> If I don't include an ActionForm, I get a "... null form ..."
> error message.
> Does this mean that I MUST create ActionForms, even if they
> are "empty" --
> i.e., no validate() method and no getters/setters defined?

You may not need validate(), but for Struts to work properly you do need
the get/set methods.  They aren't just there for validation, they get
called when Struts populates the form from the request and passes it
into the execute method of your Action.

So if you're going to use <html:form><html:input>, etc., then yes, you
need an ActionForm.

But you don't have to write them yourself.  You can either use dynamic
forms, and define the properties in struts-config.xml, or else use some
tool to generate the Java code for the ActionForms.

I'm not sure how you intend to retrieve the values in your Action code.
If you're using request.getParameter() then there's no reason to use the
Struts tags, just use plain-old html <form> and <input> until you decide
you need something that Struts offers.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.