We have some customer-supplied selection options that have double quotes in their values, and Struts 1.1 isn't seeming to handle this correctly.

Best I can tell from the HTML spec, these should be placed on the page as " , which will submit them as %22 , which *should* be seen on the server side as double quotes again, right? And Struts should be able to match that to an existing entry so it can properly set the "selected" value.

Instead, it seems the options tag isn't "escaping" the quotes at all (changing them to ") and that if we manually do it ourselves, the "selected" item still isn't being set when the page is reloaded. IIRC, the tag is just leaving the quotes inside the attribute value, which outputs invalid HTML.

Am I missing something? Is there a better way to do this? Thanks.

Doug