Hi Dirk,

> On 11 Jun 2015, at 15:23, Dirk Hohndel <d...@hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> The save in the background when quitting is dangerous. On a larger data
> set / slow connection this can take a while - I hate it when software does
> something like this and then "hangs" instead of closing.

I agree. But OTOH you are always the person to point out that the vast majority
of our users are not hackers. My single data point: My dad can use dropbox, but
he would not use git or anything like that where you need a mental image of a
local and a remote repository and the various ways their state can be in
relation to each other (and yes, my dad new already how to program a computer
before I was born and he still does, occasionally).

Let me ask this: Is there a danger that when a push is hard killed in the
middle it leaves any of the repositories in a state that need manual care? How
much is it transaction based? If not I would not worry and possibly kill it
(maybe with a warning „quitting now will abort the cloud sync currently in
progress. you have 10seconds to cancel the abort“).

Best
Robert