On 11 Jun 2015, at 20:25, Dirk Hohndel <d...@hohndel.org> wrote:

Dirk,

> So you are our posterchild for then implementing merging :-)

that may be way beyond my powers. But I promise I will think about this and try
to come up with something. Somehow, we might make use of the fact that our
files have more structure than just line numbers, namely they are xml fields.

One somehow simple way do deal with conflicts would be to try to be as clever
as possible with the three way merge and if that fails work on a “per dive”
basis, i.e. just have the both versions of the dive show up in the dive list
(maybe marked somehow) and let the user figure it out.

Given that dives in the git format are files (or actually directories), what
happens when in one version a dive is modified and in a separate version it is
deleted? Is that detected as a conflict? (probably) How should we present that?

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
    stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de