On 23/10/2015 16:04, Rick Walsh wrote:

I have tested my petrel 2 with two laptop onboard Bluetooth controllers and 3 usb Bluetooth controllers.

From memory, with one of the usb controllers, I needed to enter the PIN 0000 (using bluetoothctl or KDE's bluetooth ui) to pair. With the others I didn't need to enter a PIN. I guess the PIN 0000 was assumed when pairing with the other controllers.

The problem I encountered is OS-specific to the Ubuntu bluetooth interface. After loading external software and not using the built-in Ubuntu tool, I am able to download the Petrel reliably. Thank you very much for your time with this.
Kind regards,
willem