> On Apr 14, 2018, at 7:44 PM, Linus Torvalds <torva...@linux-foundation.org>
> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Apr 14, 2018, 18:52 Dirk Hohndel <d...@hohndel.org
> <mailto:d...@hohndel.org>> wrote:
>
> I have pushed new versions to both Android and iOS testers.
>
> - folding dive list is back (and this time it seems to work much better)
>
> I love the folding dive list, although it's seems to have performance
> problems.

That surprises me - I use it with my reasonably large dive list on an older and
slower phone than you.
And I tried on an even older phone where it was tolerable.

> Or maybe scrolling up triggers "refresh" and another cloud sync? It's very
> jerky, and I seem to get the cloud sync message several times.

The one situation that seems to trigger weirdness appears to be if you have a
trip with a lot of dives and you try to scroll down really fast, flicking your
finger. But slowing down seems to make it all work.

> I also seem unable to collapse a dive trip after I've exposed it. But it's
> *so* jerky that it's hard to tell.

You can not close all trips again - that's something that would be easy to add,
though.

> Maybe it's not performance, and it's just a symptom of the scrolling bug:
>
> - on Android I still see an occasional weird scrolling behavior - I don't see
> this on iOS
>
> It was fine for a while, but it's back with a vengeance now.

The odd thing is that for the exact same binary some people seem to see it and
others don't.

> The collapsing dive trip feature is very very promising, but there is
> definitely something seriously wrong with the dive list. I'm assuming it's
> all kirigami under the hood?

Yes, all Kirigami, and all really straight forward stuff.

I'll admit I'm disappointed that this is working so poorly for you. I played
with this quite a bit on Android and iOS and it looked really nice...

/D