> On Apr 16, 2018, at 10:25 AM, Joakim Bygdell <j.bygd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 16 April 2018 at 18:05, Dirk Hohndel <d...@hohndel.org
> <mailto:d...@hohndel.org>> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 16, 2018, at 9:03 AM, Dirk Hohndel <d...@hohndel.org
> > <mailto:d...@hohndel.org>> wrote:
> >
> > I got my five year old Nexus 10 to take a charge again and had a chance to
> > test the latest beta of Subsurface-mobile on it.
> > Based on that I would say there are two different types of "jerkiness" that
> > we need to distinguish.
> >
> > (1) the scrolling isn't completely "smooth". It sometimes stops briefly,
> > but then continues in a logical and consistent manner (I see that with the
> > Nexus 10)
> > (2) the scrolling jumps around in weird ways, i.e., you are at the bottom
> > of the dive list scrolling up, you lift your finger to continue the scroll,
> > the dive list jumps back to the bottom
> >
> > I can no longer see (2). Miika, Joacim - do you see this level of
> > jerkiness, still?
>
> Thanks, Mac - I corrected this to Joakim and it promptly changed it back.
> Sorry about that.
>
> /D
>
> I can see (1), most prominently when there is a shift between trip and non
> trip dives.
> Seems like it stops to read whats in the trips before the scrolling continues.

So if you have several trips with a lot of dives in them, it reads creates the
content
for all of those dives, and then just doesn't show them. I have been trying to
figure
out how to accelerate that so that it would only create the content for those
items
it shows, but haven't been able to figure out how to do that.

Anything we can do to make the to delegates in DiveList.qml take less time will
help
with the smoothness of the scrolling...

But I'm glad that right now no one appears to be seeing (2) anymore...

/D