> On Jul 16, 2018, at 1:15 PM, Dirk Hohndel <d...@hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> Thanks, I misunderstood what was supposed to be changed.
>
> This was correctly transferred from Transifex to my intermediate format.
> From there it went correctly into GitHub:
> https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/Subsurface-website/blob/master/_pages/about.nl#L93
>
> <https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/Subsurface-website/blob/master/_pages/about.nl#L93>
> And the upload from there to WordPress showed no error. Yet it didn't get
> updated. That's even more frustrating as that makes it harder for me to know
> when to retry...
>
> So I made a whitespace change and pushed it again.
> This time I got a "could not update post in the database" error.
>
> And digging through the logs it turns out that it is indeed the encoding of
> the "één" that's the problem. Wordpress rejects what I am sending to it. So
> now I need to figure out how to work around that...
>
> THANKS for the eagle eyes and for making sure I catch this. That would have
> been rather embarrassing.

This is indeed very strange. Files from Transifex are supposed to arrive in
UTF-8. Nothing in my processing should have changed things to ISO8859-1 - yet
about.nl is the one file that was incorrectly encoded.
Right now I have no explanation. Add this to the list of things that I'm
worried about, I guess.

Manually converted and re-uploaded, all good now. Please check the website if
anything else got damaged - especially look at the non-ASCII letters in the
text, please.

/D