I downloaded 261 (and 262) and both of them presented the invalid package error. But after uninstalling the Google Play store version the APK installed successfully. I'm running 262 at the moment. The first time running, after entering my credentials I was presented with an empty dive list. I tried to go to the menu and force a cloud sync, but the app just hung with the menu panel open. I killed it and restarted, and after a not much more than a cursory glance things seems to be working OK.

 I still can't adb to actually work here on the mac that I'm traveling with -
so I remotely installed the apk on a device connected at home for that purpose.
adb seemed to think it installed correctly - but maybe it failed and I just
can't see it?

I solved my adb problem, identified the problem with the APK, and there's now a
new 5.0.10.261.apk that appears to work here -- admittedly very limited testing
so far.

/D