Hi,
I read with interest the article on the installation of Sugar on Classmate PC and was excited about the idea. I set off to do the installation on the Classmate PC but have been encountering problems till now. I burnt the Sugar XO-LiveCD_080321.iso image on a CD and with this CD I could easily boot the Sugar interface on my laptop but while trying to do the same with the Classmate PC I encountered the following errors. The first of the problems is with the video mode. On startup it sends a prompt "Undefined video mode number: 317 Press <ENTER> to see video modes available and <SPACE> to continue." I pressed the space button to continue but another error prompt comes up. This second error is "no backup media found. stopped. Mount media under /mnt/media. boot continues after exit." The final error is "sh: can't access tty: job control turned off" I have been battling with this and still have not been able to resolve these errors any help would be very much appreciated. Regards, Chuka
_______________________________________________ Sugar mailing list [email protected] http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/sugar

