This sounds like it *might* help the shell graphic perf. I'm pretty
sure there is code that needs to be adapted, though.

Marco


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Owen Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, May 8, 2008 at 7:55 PM
Subject: Slightly incompatible HippoCanvas change
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]


I finally got around to fixing:

  http://bugzilla.mugshot.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1194

 Which was that *any* call to hippo_canvas_emit_resize_needed() would
 cause the entire canvas to repaint, rather than just the parts that
 ended up getting resized.

 (This caused prelighting in the bigboard to be very slow, etc. It
 was a bad thing.)

 With the fix, I made hippo_canvas_item_emit_resize_needed() act like
 gtk_widget_queue_resize_no_redraw() not like gtk_widget_queue_draw():
 it doesn't automatically cause the item to be redrawn unless it
 resized.

 This means that some code needs to call
 hippo_canvas_item_emit_resize_needed(item) and
 hippo_canvas_item_paint_needed(item, 0, 0, -1, -1) as well.

 (E.g.: changing the orientation of a box only needs to call
 emit_resize_needed(), since there is no redrawing unless things
 resize or move around, but changing the border width of a box needs
 to call both emit_resize_needed() and emit_paint_needed(), since that
 can change the drawn border and background.)

 I went through bigboard and the Mugshot client, and found exactly one
 affected call to emit_resize_needed (plus some in hippo-canvas itself),
 and the one call in the Mugshot client didn't matter in practice, but
 the potential for incompatibility exists.

 - Owen


_______________________________________________
 online-desktop-list mailing list
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/online-desktop-list
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQBIIz6KS+2LB0B90LERAssoAKCla21JmK8XXVUum9suXi9NjBgG2wCgscfj
phbFAq3KFFPN+QBzyxxPNj4=
=AqYH
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
Sugar mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/sugar

Reply via email to