On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 07:34 -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> Does RPMforge have a setup that can build from Subversion checkouts?

No.

> Or does someone ahve a better suggestion how to get this into
> Subversion, other than my personally hosting a fork and publishing
> tarballs?

Right now, as a workaround, some of the package source archives are
committed to the SVN directly, but this is done on a per-package basis
and certainly doesn't scale.

Karanbir was offering to set up a DAV site, but there wasn't really
enough demand to pursue this suggestion.

Actually, it doesn't matter so much, because even a DAV set up does not
solve the trust issue. E.g. either way, I will be uploading the tarballs
to this storage, so I might very well just host it on my box. You have
to trust me that I didn't fiddle with the sources, because there is no
official reference source tarball provided by upstream you can compare
the checksums against.

Builds from checkouts are probably not going to be implemented anytime
soon, because it requires major changes to the infrastructure.

So as a practical conclusion, either you convince them to publish the
tarballs, which is something they certainly should consider or I can
host the tarbolls on my box in the mean time, which is not great.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev