Hello,
I think this is a problem general problem with sumo and mingw that will not
go away with another sumo version.
Please try calling netconvert with an explicit type file (copy
osmNetconvert.typ.xml file from the sumo data/typemap directory to the
current directory):

netconvert --osm-files 2019-01-25-17-37-49/osm_bbox.osm.xml -o map.net.xml
-t osmNetconvert.typ.xml

Let me know if that works. I'd like to figure out how to fix it in a more
general way.

regards,
Jakob