The SUMO-applications perform xml-schema-validation by default (explained
at sumo.dlr.de/wiki/XMLValidation). For that, they first try to read the
schema definition from your computer and if that fails pull it from the
sumo webserver. It's the same path-finding issue that happened with the
type file.
The other warnings are harmless:
http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Networks/Import/OpenStreetMap#Warnings_during_Import
http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/NETCONVERT#Warnings_during_Import