Hi there,

I am trying to investigate the impact of gap acceptance in lane changing around
on-ramps on the capacity of a freeway. I want to use a distribution for the
gaps accepted while lane changing. I realized that the parameter which controls
the gap acceptance is "lcAssertive" (But if I understood correctly, lcAssertive
can influence the size of accepted gap but it doesn't define the gap itself) .
The SUMO vehicle definitions state that "the required gap is divided by the
value of lcAssertive". When searching for the definition of requiredGap, I came
across this page (
http://sumo-user-mailing-list.90755.n8.nabble.com/sumo-user-lcAssertive-Behavior-td3244.html
 ) where Jakob explained about requiredGap:  "requiredGap = secureBackGap +
followerMinGap + subjectLength + subjectMinGap + secureFrontGap".
I have a couple of questions here:

1.        What exactly is requiredGap? Is this the same as the accepted gap in
lane changing?

2.        How are secureBackGap or secureFrontGap defined? Is there any
relation between tau and secureBackGap or secureFrontGap?

3.       From what I have understood, MinGap is the jam distance or the
distance which vehicles keep when standstill. How does this contribute to gap
acceptance in lane changing?
I appreciate your help in advance.

Regards,
Solmaz