the distribution of speeds will have their mean at 30m/s and will be
(almost) normally distributed with a standard deviation of 0.1 * 30 = 3m/s.
This means ~68% drive between 27ms/ and 33ms but 95% will be found between
24m/s and 36m/s.
(
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8c/Standard_deviation_diagram.svg
)
It's "almost" normal because sumo caps the normal distribution at
configurable thresholds. By default 100% will drive between [0.2 * 30m/s
and 2 * 30m/s] but you can also configure these thresholds.
Also, the maxSpeed of the vType is a hard limit.