> I don’t understand what does the next stop Index mean.
'index' refers to the current list of stops of that vehicle

> How do I add a stop having a specific Id that I Know.
stops = vehicle.getStops(vehID)
vehicle.insertStop(vehID, len(stops), busStopID, duration=x)

note, that insertStop requires version 1.13.0

Regarding your scenario:
- route_0 (which is used in your input) has no stops at all
- route2 is also lacking stops
- route3 is missing the "repeat" attribute
- route4 doesn't stop at all stops

If you use route3 with 'repeat' it should work fine.