I don't think I saw mention on the sundial or navigation lists of one of the
Royal Mail's new millennium stamps.  The 20p stamp issued on 12 January is
called "Timekeeping" and was one of 4 stamps featuring British inventors and
inventions released that day (there will be 48 millennium stamps in all on
different themes). The stamp stylistically features Harrison's chronometer and
the Greenwich meridian line.  Image and description available at
<http://www.royalmail.co.uk/athome/stamps/jan.htm>.  The image resolution
isn't very good. Would anyone care to do a high resolution scan of the stamp
and make it available to list members?

-- Richard Langley
   Professor of Geodesy and Precision Navigation

 Richard B. Langley                            E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Geodetic Research Laboratory                  Web: http://www.unb.ca/GGE/
 Dept. of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering    Phone:    +1 506 453-5142
 University of New Brunswick                   Fax:      +1 506 453-4943
 Fredericton, N.B., Canada  E3B 5A3
     Fredericton?  Where's that?  See: http://www.city.fredericton.nb.ca/