Hello Steve,

Reading your PS in one of your messages ( see below ) :

Also a bifilar sundial can have a built in correction for EoT.
It is just the same as a usual polestyle sundial with a nodus where I can
draw EoT curves on the dial's plane.
All you can show on a usual dial can be showed on a bifilar dial too.

In fact a usual dial is just a simplification of the original bifilar dial.

Place 2 threads parallel to the dial's plane AT THE SAME HEIGHT.

The shadow caster now in fact is a single point of a ( not present )
perpendicular pin on the dial's plane.
And with just a single point I can read all the phenomenae on a usual dial.

Back to the bifilar dial :
A bifilar dial can be constructed in such a way that the hourlines ( for
local suntime ) are equi-angular spaced.
Than it is also possible to correct for EoT and/or longitude by rotating the
hourscale.
So we have at least 2 possibilities to correct for EoT with bifilar
sundials.

Happy dialling, Fer.

Fer J. de Vries
[EMAIL PROTECTED]