Hi Dialling Colleagues,

I'm pleased to announce that the first edition of the BSS Sundial Glossary is now available.

The Glossary is A4-size, has soft covers and has 42 pages (similar to a BSS Bulletin).  Printed versions can be obtained from:

Ms Margery Lovatt, BSS Sales
Studio 5, Parndon Mill
Harlow
Essex
CM20 2HP
UK

The cost is £6.50 (UK), £7.00 (EC) and £8.00 (Rest of the World), all prices including post and packing. Cheques (to BSS) and money orders in pounds sterling, please.

Thanks to some tremendous work by Bob Terwilliger on the look-and-feel, and Ian Wootton's good offices, the Glossary is also viewable on-line (free!) with a link direct from the BSS front page at:

In addition to mentioning Bob and Ian, I'd like to thank everyone in the sundialling community who helped in this project.  I can't mention everyone by name, but it was Margaret Stanier who got it through the publishers.

The second edition is now underway, so if you have any comments or suggestions for additions or corrections, please contact me.

Have fun,

John
Dr J R Davis
Flowton, UK