Hi Fred et al,

I too saw this posting and contacted the chap who posted it.  From his
description, this is definitely NOT one of the set of four dials that John
Rowley made for Blenheim Palace c1710.

In fact, I strongly suspect that what he has is one of the 20C Pearson-Page
"reproductions".  If this is so, I would regard the Blenheim connection as
"added colour"!

Regards,

John Davis
-----------------------------------

>  from:    Fred Sawyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  date:    Mon, 30 Dec 2002 00:23:04
>  to:      sundial@rrz.uni-koeln.de
>  subject: Re: Blenheim dial??
>
> The following message appears on the NASS message board:
>
> >From Lance Steel ([EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> I own a sundial made of bronze and engraved 1723. It was reputedly
> "liberated" from the grounds of Blenheim palace, Oxford, England during WW
> II. I have been trying to find pictures of the back of the palace taken
> prior to that date to see if the sundial is there. Can anyone advise as to
> where I may obtain further information on it?
>

> -

Dr J R Davis
Flowton Dials
N52d 08m: E1d 05m