On 26 Mar 1996, Fred Sawyer wrote:

> Ken,
>
> The quick answer is that there is no mechanism within the compendium for
> printing graphics.  Many members subscribe to both print and digital issues -
> one of the advantages of the print issue being that you get a printout of the
> graphics.  Of course if you want your own hardcopy outside the issue, you have
> to turn to a photocopy machine.  Similarly for the digital issue, you can use
> any of a number of good graphics screen capture utilities which will turn the
> graphic that appears on your screen into a PCX or GIF file which can then be
> printed.  Many of our graphics start out as HPG or PLT files, which are much
> more easily sized and scaled - but sending these formats would require that I
> package all of the graphics separately - and the current material has already
> been filling each disk even after being compressed.
>
> If there's a particular graphic you are interested in, let me know.
>
> Fred Sawyer

For the future, perhaps a different format could be used such as Adobe
PDF.  These documents look good both on screen and when printed.
-- Richard Langley
   Professor

 Richard B. Langley                         Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Geodetic Research Laboratory               BITnet:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Dept. of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering Phone:    (506) 453-5142
 University of New Brunswick                FAX:      (506) 453-4943
 Fredericton, N.B., Canada  E3B 5A3         Telex:    014-46202
Fredericton?  Where's that? See: http://degaulle.hil.unb.ca/NB/fredericton.html