Hello Mr. Foad, BSS Membership Secretary (cc. Sundial List)
 
Thank you Mr. Foad for trying to find Alan Shuttleworth in the BSS membership list.  The reason I'm looking to find him is that on page 169 of the December issue of the BSS bulletin, there is a photograph of a stained glass sundial that he made and exhibited at the Newbury conference.  Evidently, he is a glass artisan and is NOT a BSS member.
 
I did a Google search and at this webpage: http://www.sundialsoc.org.uk/Conferences/Newbury2005.htm
 
It says: "Alan Shuttleworth, who brought along a stained glass sundial. He’s an expert in glass coatings, so plans to experiment with them to achieve new and beautiful effects."
 
It might be that a BSS member commissioned Mr. Shuttleworth to make the sundial, or that Mr. Shuttleworth employed a BSS member to do the delineation for him.  It's a mystery.  I wonder who owns the dial and where it is located.  I would really like to locate him to get his permission to post a color photograph in the SGS website.  John Davis has the Bulletin's original color photograph, but I need permission to use it.
 
Did any of you talk to him at the conference or take photos of his dial?  Does anybody have any ideas on how I can find him?
 
Thanks
 
John 
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2005 2:12 AM
Subject: Re: Need Member's Address

Hi John,
 
I can't find an Alan Shuttleworth, either as a member or an ex-member.  And I have tried all alternative spellings.  Is it possible he is in NASS, not BSS?  Could he belong to one of our corporate members, like the British Museum or the Science Museum?
 
If you can give me any alternative name I will be glad to look again.
 
Regards,
 
John
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 2:37 PM
Subject: Need Member's Address

Attn: J. Foad
 
Dear Mr. Foad:
 
John Davis advised me to contact you.  I need to contact BSS member, Alan Shuttleworth.  By any chance, would you have his email and postal address?
 
Thank you so much,
 
John
 
John L. Carmichael
Sundial Sculptures
925 E. Foothills Dr.
Tucson AZ 85718-4716
USA
Tel: 520-6961709
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 
Websites:
Sundial Sculptures: http://www.sundialsculptures.com
Stained Glass Sundials: http://www.stainedglasssundials.com
Sundial Cupolas, Towers & Turrets: http://StainedGlassSundials.com/CupolaSundial/index.html

Reply via email to