>  I wonder how could I derive some
> implicit or, better, parametric equations for such
> gnomon in order to introduce them in a CNC machine,
> for instance.
> 
> Any hint or pointer?

Hi anselmo & all:

  Introducing the shapes you want into a CNC is a matter 
of producing (in most instances) "G code" that the machine 
control will understand. 
  This usually consists of cartesian (or polar) coordinates that 
are the start or end points of arc or linear movements.  
  A wire frame or solid model of the shapes that you want
are created then imported into a CAM (computer aided 
manufacturing or machining) program.  The CAM program 
will let you specify the types of tools you wish to use to 
machine the shapes you have drawn.  You then process 
the paths generated into code that the machine tool control
can use, this is uploaded to the control. Of course this is 
a bit of a simplification of the process, but generally accurate. 

 I hope this helps. 
Dave G.
http://atensundials.com 


-

Reply via email to