In the US, it is my opinion that while it is probably a violation of the BBC's website terms of use, using a proxy service to access streaming content for personal use would be considered fair use from the viewpoint of copyright.

Nevertheless - In the specific case of iPlayer and Canada, if you have an Apple device such as an iPhone or iPad, you can download the BBC iPlayer app and watch BBC content freely, although I do not know if Antiques Roadshow is one of the shows available. The app is also available in Australia and the EU. The sun never sets on the BBC's digital distribution rights (if you have an iPhone, that is.) [Why they are able to distribute video over iPhones but not over desktops I cannot fathom. It is also the case that you can freely access BBC radio content outside the UK on a desktop, but not over a mobile device.]

Another possibility is to keep an eye on the Antiques Roadshow website at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mj2y where they usually select a few clips from recent episodes and make them available for a time worldwide without restriction. Perhaps they will excerpt Mike Shaw's segment there.