Sorry, I didn't intend to start new thread; I'm adding something to my
Mayall & Mayall question-post:

First, I thank Simon for the answer and link.

I've decided to divulge the reason for my question about Mayall & Mayall:

The wikipedia Sundial article says that Mayall & Mayall, and Rohr as well,
published incorrect Reclining-Declining formulas.

In fact, the wikipedia sundial article also says that only in the last
decade has there been agreement on the formula for a Reclining-Declining
sundial.

Those claims aren't supported in the article. Are they correct?

I invite dialists to check out those claims, and modify or delete them in
the wikipedia article. As I said, the article can be edited, modified, or
deleted by anyone, without membership, registration or log-in.

And, in general, the wikipedia sundial article needs some input from
dialists.

Come on, let's (at least in part) start fixing that wikipedia article,
which is surely many people's introduction to sundials.

I like sundials, and I don't like to be contentious about a subject that I
like. And the Internet already has too much contentiousnes. But should
unsupported or incorrect statements that contradict everything previously
published be at that introductory article?

Michael Ossipoff