Here is what wikipedia says, regarding formulas for Reclining-Declining
sundials:

"In fact it is only in the last decade that agreement has been found on the
correct hour angle formula for this type of dial. [...] Previous formulae
given by Rohr and Mayall are not correct."

That wikipedia statement is demonstrably, preposterously, ridiculously
incorrect. I deleted it, and one of the wikipedists immediately re-posted
it.

As I mentioned before, the wikipedia article, in its notes at the bottom of
the page, in note (b), shows some formulas from Mayall & Mayall--the ones
that wikipedia says are incorrect.

And, as I mentioned, I tried those formulas, and they gave the correct
answer--right down to the calculator's last digit--for the hour-line
position for the two times of day that I I input (8:00 a.m. and noon), for
a Reclining-Declining dial.

Wikipedia has a firm policy against having any statements without citation,
but the abovequoted statement is in the wikipedia Sundial article without
any citation.

Evidently the wikipedist who re-posted that statemet wants the wikipedia
Sundial article to remain a laughingstock.

Michael Ossipoff
~ 26 N, 80W