I am looking to make a hemicyclium-type sundial (half-hemisphere) in a metal
working class.  What little I can find on them says they are inaccurate,
without being very clear on the problem.  It appears to me the only issue is
it needs to be tilted so that the gnomon aligns with the Earth's rotation
axis; thus the half-bowl faces south and the gnomon points south, but the
end of the gnomon that attaches to the bowl points north.  Am I missing
anything?  I am also looking to use an analemma-shaped gnomon to cast the
shadow on the bowl, and at least month lines for the solar elevation.  The
bowl will also have a rod and bracket on the bottom to allow it to be
rotated for daylight-savings time and for local longitude corrections.

Thanks in advance -- Brad