Children's tale of  Mr. Stemwinder Finds the Time
Childrens' book written by Stephen Y. Bready, illustrated by Antoinette Delaney.- around 1979

   Mr Stemwinder collected clocks... loved to hear them chime on the
   hour and noon and midnight
   But one autumn day he got lost walking in the woods
   He could not return home in time to wind all his time pieces.
   So they all stopped, He could no longer set his clocks, because he
   didn't know the time.
   Distressed that his house was silent of tick-tocks and chimes,
   He went out into his garden to be sad.
   Among the piles of leaves, he sat on what he thought was a bench.
   He sat on a sundial!
   He brushed aside the leaves and let the sun tell him the time.
   That's how Mr Stemwinder found the time.

Story archived at Microsoft at ftp://ftp.umh.es/utiles/RESOURCE-KIT/RESKIT-W98/APPS/NETSHOW/gallery/stemwndr/default.htm
ftp://ftp.umh.es/utiles/RESOURCE-KIT/RESKIT-W98/APPS/NETSHOW/gallery/name.htm
Used to showcase early rich media technology using voice synced with images

Lots more text and drawings aimed at youngsters
Out of print -  will see if I can find it.