The article didn't say it would be Summer-Time (Daylight-Saving Time) all
year, though the title seemed to imply that. The article said that it would
be Summer-Time all year, or else Winter-Time all year.  And it said that
Summer-Time all year is more popular and will probably happen in most
countries (Each country will be able to choose for itself whether to have
all-year Summer-Time or all-year Winter-Time.)

All year Daylight-Saving Time (Summer-Time) would be a great idea. In
Europe, and also in the U.S.

1. Keeping the clocks on DST would put our civil schedules more in time
with nature's time. ...more with the Sun. Artificial lighting has moved us
away from Sun time, and DST at least partly moves us back to what's more
natural. And being more in time with the Sun also means that there are more
hours of sunshine while people are up and out and about.

2, Earlier is better.

3. Being out when it's dark is a lot safer in the morning than in the
evening.  Less traffic. Fewer muggers and assaulters on the street.
(Mostly, in the morning, you encounter only people who get up early, not
people who stay up and hang-out late.)

Michael Ossipoff