From: sundial <sundial-boun...@uni-koeln.de> on behalf of Richard Langley
<l...@unb.ca>
Sent: September 11, 2018 4:49 PM
To: Steve Lelievre; Sundial List
Subject: Re: How good is a cell phone compass

Hi Steve:
My iPhone compass app is indicating N correctly to within 1° right now with the
phone sitting on the dining room table in a wood-frame house. Calibration not
performed recently. Fortuitous? There must be some specs somewhere on the Web.
-- Richard

| Richard B. Langley                            E-mail: l...@unb.ca         |
| Geodetic Research Laboratory                  Web: http://gge.unb.ca      |
| Dept. of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering    Phone:    +1 506 453-5142   |
| University of New Brunswick                   Fax:      +1 506 453-4943   |
| Fredericton, N.B., Canada  E3B 5A3                                        |
|        Fredericton?  Where's that?  See: http://www.fredericton.ca/       |