Dear all,

In his book "Sundials Old and New", A. P. Herbert contends that rotating a
vertical dial by 15 degrees towards East (i.e. gnomon pointing 15 deg. West
of North) will switch it to Summer Time. Writing that this is against all
theory, but works quite well, he calls this "the housewife's trick" (page
80). I find it intriguing.

Dan Uza

lun., 8 nov. 2021, 23:50 Francesco Caviglia <francesco.cavig...@tin.it> a
scris: