On 01/13/11 19:57, Karl Rossing wrote:
Would the issue i'm seeing be CR# 6623505?

We can't know the answer to this without some of the information I requested.

-Bob

If so, I'll have to figure out how to place an IDR.

On 01/04/11, *Bob Doolittle *<bob.doolit...@oracle.com>  wrote:
>  Well then there you go. The associated session is on Server 2, display 5. If
>  you just want to clean the situation up, you can try a couple of things:
>
>  1 Is there an Xnewt running for display :5 (the display number is visible on
>  the command line via ps)?
I'll have to try that.
>  2 If you reset the DTU, does the problem go away or persist?
On kiosks sessions, it's hit or miss. On card sessions it usually persists.
>  3 If the problem goes away when the DTU is reset, the DTU is in a bad state.
>  You can use "/opt/SUNWut/lib/utload -r -t TOKEN" (where TOKEN is reported by
>  utwho -ac) to reset the DTU remotely when the problem occurs
Usually terminating the session using the gui doesn't fix the problem.
>  4 If the problem persists when the DTU is reset, the session is somehow hung.
>  You can use "utsession -k -d 5" if you want to simply clear the session and
>  processes.
I'll have to try that.
>  It would be good to track down that's causing this situation. Is Server 2
>  starved for resources (e.g. VM or /tmp space), or has it been starved in the
>  recent past? Clues might be found in the logs (both /var/log/messages and
>  /var/opt/SUNWut/log/messages) around the time in question (when the current
>  time minus "No-Session" time occurred).
I'll have to investigate this more. Sometimes /tmp can be a bit low and the
server can be bogged down. I can try assigning more memory to the vm.

>  -Bob
>
>  On 01/04/11 11:59, Karl Rossing wrote:
>  >Server 1
>  >-bash-4.0$ /opt/SUNWut/sbin/utdesktop -lw
>  >
>  >Desktop ID   Location             No-Session (H:M:S)
>  >------------ -------------------- ------------------
>  >00144f7f456e                      1:35:21
>  >
>  >1 desktop currently in error state without a session.
>  >-bash-4.0$ /opt/SUNWut/bin/utwho -ac|grep 00144f7f456e
>  >-bash-4.0$
>  >
>  >Server 2
>  >-bash-4.0$ /opt/SUNWut/sbin/utdesktop -lw
>  >
>  >Desktop ID   Location             No-Session (H:M:S)
>  >00144f7f456e                      1:33:21
>  >
>  >1 desktop currently in error state without a session.
>  >-bash-4.0$ /opt/SUNWut/bin/utwho -ac|grep 00144f7f456e
>  >   5.0 pseudo.00144f7f456e              utku3    10.1.9.236
P8.00144f7f456e

--
Karl Rossing
The Robinson Group