On 6/20/2015 3:58 AM, Lasse Kliemann wrote:
Gerrit Pape <p...@smarden.org> writes:

First is moving away from slashpackage.  Doing it similar to what
Laurant does in his current projects sounds good to me, but I didn't
look into details.  This even might include moving away from the djblib
(Public Domain files from daemontools included in runit) to skalibs.
Sorry to interrupt. Why moving away from slashpackage?

As far as I see, Laurent's build system is a super-set up slashpackage
functionality.

I think the whole idea of "registered namespaces for software packages"
is a good idea and should be supported. There are of course different
ways of implementing it.
Why not keep slashpackage as an "alternative" installation method? Is there any reason you can't package both "traditional" and "slashpackage" methods together?