Asa,

I added control of the GRR mode to the camera general parameters - before you
had to set sensor register for that - only two modes were possible in "TRIG"
parameter 0 - free running ERS and 4 - ERS snapshot. I added 5 - for GRR
snapshot, and tried it in the cocotb simulation. We'll try it with an LED and
the actual camera, make sure it is recorded on all the sensor.

Andrey

---- On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 22:37:05 -0700 Elphel
Support<support-list@support.elphel.com> wrote ----

Asa,

Readout time of ~1/15 s is for full size/full resolution of the sensor. Smaller
the WOI - shorter the time, sensor datasheets have formulai for the readout
time. What kind of flash (and the flash duration) do you plan to use? And what
resolution/frame rate?

I'm just working on inter-camera synchronization, same output can be used to
fire a flash with programmable delay. Sensor strobe output is not used, the
output pulse is generated in the FPGA (so it does not depend on particular
sensor type) it is a 5V pulse available (when programmed so) on the 2.5mm audio
connector on the camera (marked "sync" here
http://wiki.elphel.com/images/0/0f/NC393-CS_marked_ports.jpeg )

Andrey

---- On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 22:06:46 -0700 Asa Hammond<a...@prenav.com>
wrote ----

I understand the difference between global shutter and GRR. Interested to use
with a flash.  Is the readout always 1/15s? No matter what the exposure
setup?We can try it with the 5mp for now.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 6:53 PM, Elphel Support